Here are some links and information for LGBTQIA+ Folks and Allies!
Use your browser search engine (Computer: CTRL-F | Phone: Under 3 dots, Find in Page) to look quickly though these links, example search terms: youth, trans, bi, crisis, support
- AIDS Action: Youth On Fire – aac.org/youth-on-fire – Youth on Fire (YOF), a program of AIDS Action Committee of Massachusetts, is a drop-in center for homeless and street-involved youth, ages 14-24, located in Harvard Square, Cambridge.
- Boston Alliance of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Youth (BAGLY) – bagly.org – BAGLY: is a youth-led, adult-supported social support organization, committed to social justice and creating, sustaining, and advocating for programs, policies, and services for the LGBTQ+ youth community. BAGLY believes in creating safe space. In BAGLY’s values: Respect, Diversity, Social Justice, Youth Leadership. In feeling safe. In having fun. In equal access to public accommodations, employment, and credit for transgender and gender variant people. In building a strong, youth-led social justice community. In conflict resolution. In change. In healthy relationships. In sexual freedom, and being sex positive. In health education. In safer sex.
- Center for Hope and Healing – chhinc.org – The Center for Hope and Healing, Inc. is committed to providing high quality services to survivors of sexual assault and their loved ones. We are committed to serving survivors of all identities, expressions, and life experiences.
- Charlie’s Queer Corner – charliesqueercorner.bandzoogle.com – THIS IS MY INDOOR VOICE! Charlie is a Public Access Media Producer working out of ActonTV and is the host of Who’s Pulling The Strings and recently has started a new show, Charlie’s Quarantine Corner. Charlie identifies as member of the LGBTQIA+ Community and hopes to help other Queer folks find resources and support, especially during the Stay-At-Home orders.
- First Parish Unitarian Universalist Church of Chelmsford – uuchelmsford.org/online-services – First Parish Chelmsford welcomes, affirms, and supports the LGBTQIA+ Community! Please join us for on-line Sunday worship services, Sundays at 10:00 AM.
- Health Imperatives: LGBTQ SUPPORT / BrAGLY – healthimperatives.org/lgbtq-support-bragly – We support lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth, adults, and their families.We provide crisis counseling and advocacy services for LGBTQ youth who have experienced trauma, including sexual or relationship violence, bullying, or harassment. We also offer a weekly support group for Brockton area youth called the Brockton Alliance for LGBTQ Youth (BrAGLY).
- Kelly’s Quest: The Transnational Journey – facebook.com/KellysQuest17 – Kelly Jenkins is a Teacher, an Athlete, and an Advocate. Follow Kelly’s Quest as she recounts her journey to Authenticity. Along with a diverse array of guests who recount their own stories, she discusses puberty, religion, sports, and her journey to New England.
- Massachusetts Commission on LGBTQ Youth | Mass.gov – mass.gov/orgs/massachusetts-commission-on-lgbtq-youth – The Massachusetts Commission on LGBTQ youth advises others in state government on effective policies, programs, and resources for LGBTQ youth. The Commission also produces the Safe Schools Program with the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition (MTPC) – MassTPC.org – Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition (MTPC) is an advocacy, education, and community-building organization that works to end discrimination on the basis of gender identity and expression. This includes working towards the empowerment of all persons who have been, are being, or might be deprived of equal rights and/or fair treatment because of their gender expression or identity.
- PFLAG – pflag.org – PFLAG is the first and largest organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) people, their parents and families, and allies. PFLAG is committed to creating a world where diversity is celebrated and all people are respected, valued, and affirmed.
- Safe Homes – safehomesma.org – We are Safe Homes, a program supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) young people, and their straight allies, between the ages of 14 and 23. The group is led by youth peer leaders, professional staff, and volunteers who offer support, resources, and opportunities for socialization in a safe and nurturing environment. Safe Homes is a program of Open Sky Community Services, a human services agency headquartered in Worcester.
- The Theater Offensive – thetheateroffensive.org – To present liberating art by, for, and about queer and trans people of color that transcends artistic boundaries, celebrates cultural abundance, and dismantles oppression. Values: OUTness, Design Justice, Shared Power, Youth Leadership, Experimentation & Innovation